Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Laundry Detergent

 I have always had very dry skin and unfortunately my boys got it from me.  A combination of my homemade skin oil and laundry detergent has made an incredible difference. I prefer the dry over the liquid.
RECIPE FOR LAUNDRY DETERGENT
 1 cup washing soda
 1 cup borax
 1 cup baking soda
 1 1/2 cup Fels Naptha (this comes in a bar and will need to be shredded) and mix it all together.

I do large quantities at a time because I don't like to feel like I am making it all of the time. But you may want to do a tester batch. You can add any essential oil for more smell. Sometimes I add Lavender and other times I leave it plain, I LOVE the smell of the fels naptha.

1 comment:

  1. Love making homemade laundry detergent. I have a recipe on my blog that I make big batches of. :) Eventually I'd like to do that with most products and my next attempt will be at making bars of soap.

    ReplyDelete